Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies offers process development and drug manufacturing facilities and services, helping biotechnology and pharmaceutical organisations develop a wide range of solutions to advance the health of both humans and animals.
The organisation needed to proactively monitor and manage its own 24×7 data centre environment, which cannot afford performance inefficiency, system misconfiguration or service downtime.
- Pro-active monitoring and investigation of incidents
- Monthly reporting (device performance analysis, alert consolidation, helpdesk metrics)
- Quarterly trend analysis, technical review and recommendations
- Root cause analysis and provision of knowledge base for possible resolution
- Assurance that the monitoring platform remains up to date and readily able to adapt to changing business needs
With an IT department that plays a crucial part in their manufacturing process, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies (Fujifilm) needed to be on top of its infrastructure. It is crucial that they see how their systems are running and proactively identify potential problems even before they can impact their infrastructure.
Frontier Technology has operated its data centres for almost a decade with higher than 99.99% uptime. They achieved this by the use and continued development of robust management and monitoring processes – packaged as Frontier Monitoring Service (FMS).
FMS is ultimately a platform to facilitate proactive management and continuous improvement of an IT environment from the infrastructure to application level.
Using a combination of industry leading software suites, FMS addressed Fujifilm’s key monitoring issues by delivering:
- Pre-emptive performance and configuration alerting and forecasting
- Real-time dashboard views and detailed reporting
- Ability to perform pro-active remedial action
- Resource utilisation analysis facilitating 99.999% service uptime
With systems pro-actively monitored via alerts aligned to operational requirements, day to day pressure on Fujifilm’s IT support staff was drastically reduced. Moreover, system errors and downtimes were dramatically lowered because FMS enabled administrators to foresee problems before they are encountered. FMS’ proactive facility performs health checks by trouble shooting poor performance and automatically carrying out corrective actions.
FMS’ Live View feature offered real-time device level information. This provided Fujifilm valuable information for remote management and diagnostics of systems.
“Our infrastructure has never been healthier and more robust. FMS ensures top performance of our server and other hardware environments – making users and the business stakeholders happy.” Campbell Kay, IT & ASV Manager