The organisation is one of the largest international freight and logistics company in the UK. They have over 5,000 users who are spread in all major trade markets around the globe.
The organisation was to launch a business application that would enable them to automate processes between suppliers, customers and themselves. Built in-house, the application has three tiers: a web interface for user interaction, a middle tier where data is integrated, and a back end where the database is run and processed.
They were looking for a cloud provider to host the infrastructure running this mission-critical application. They required the datacentre to be Tier 4, with high performance and high availability capabilities; and the connectivity to be Tier 1 as it will be accessed all over the world. They also needed their system to be proactively monitored 24 x 7.
- Holistic delivery in the provision of a host production system and a development platform
- Enabled a robust and high performance application
- Improved application availability and user access
- Pay-per use model for allocation of resources and licenses
- No upfront costs
- Scalable on demand resources
- DR covered via the availability of Tiers 4 & 3+ datacentres
- Includes monitoring of system performance
- Provides alerts should system performance degrades or is above the threshold