This African commercial bank has presence in over 500 locations all over Africa, with subsidiaries in the UK and China. They offer a variety of financial products and services to African firms and to European organisations that are trading with African countries.
This organisation was operating a VMware based server infrastructure plus a core banking platform on IBM AIX. Because hardware was due for refresh, support and replacement for the AIX systems were costly and the IT team were occupied with day-to-day operations, they explored the benefits of migrating their applications and data to a secure private cloud infrastructure.
- Enabled IT team to focus on providing value to business
- Cost effective high availability platform
- Replaced considerable capital costs with manageable operation expense
- Eased business continuity tests and rehearsals
- Access to a broad range of Frontier support services